ALTHOUGH THE WINTER COLD IS OVER, WE CAN’T SIT BACK, BECAUSE THE HUMID, WARM WEATHER IN THE SPRING FAVORS THE SPREAD OF VIRUSES. THIS YEAR, HOWEVER, NOT ONLY TRADITIONAL STRAINS OF INFLUENZA ARE ATTACKING, BUT ALSO A NEW, EMERGING PATHOGEN.
Although these viruses only cause cold sores and sore throats in the strong body, they carry far more serious risks in the case of chronic patients or those with a weak body. People with cardiovascular problems and the elderly are particularly at risk because the infection is a heavy burden on the already dysfunctional heart.
PREPARE YOUR BODY!
In addition to the preventive steps (frequent hand washing, weight avoidance, rest, exercise, healthy lifestyle), following a balanced diet and paying attention to proper vitamin intake, we can do to strengthen our defensive system. Adequate supply of vitamins and minerals contributes to the ability of the immune system to respond with sufficient numbers and activity.
EFFECTIVE HELP FROM NATURE’S PHARMACY
- Vitamin D enhances the immune system’s defense against infections, while its deficiency makes us susceptible to them. In an American study using vitamin D3 at 2,000 IU daily with post-menopausal women, the incidence of influenza and colds was reduced by 90%. Similar results were found in a Japanese study in which 1,200 IU of vitamin D3 daily in school-age children significantly reduced the number of influenza illnesses. And in Hungary, according to the experts of the medical committee dealing with this, adequate vitamin D supply would reduce the number of influenza illnesses by 90%!
- Probiotics also play an important role in prevention. 75 to 80 percent of our immune system is in our digestive system, so the right intestinal flora has a positive effect on our immune system, it reduces the likelihood of certain diseases, especially viral infections. In one study, children who received probiotics had a reduction of up to 72% in cases of fever and up to 62% in cough. If it did occur, its duration was reduced by 30-50%, and antibiotic treatment was also much less needed (70-80%).
- Garlic has been known for its excellent bactericidal and antiviral properties for thousands of years, while also improving the underlying disease of the most risky group, those with heart problems. Its health-protecting properties are due to the fact that its active substances increase the activity of white blood cells, which are of primary importance in the control of pathogens.
- Vitamin C improves the bacterial and antiviral properties of white blood cells and requires a good level of vitamin C for the immune system to function properly.
If you want to fight viruses and bacteria by natural means – without the side effects of antibiotics – Paraprotex can be the obvious solution. Its 10 kinds of herbs have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anthelmintic properties. Its immune boosting and anti-inflammatory effects can be of great help during the flu season.
- Zinc is also a great help during this periodA review of 15 clinical trials published in 2013 found that starting zinc replacement within 24 hours of onset of symptoms could significantly reduce the duration and severity of the common cold. This may be due to the fact that zinc stimulates the development of cells of the immune system and under laboratory conditions, has been shown to be able to inhibit the proliferation of 8 out of 9 rhinovirus strains responsible for the common cold. In addition, zinc prophylaxis may reduce the incidence of colds in children.